Sunday, January 24, 2010

her name was connie...

I found this story to be really interesting, especially because it is based off a real event. When I was reading it, I couldn't help but think about what I would do if I were in Connie's position when Arnold Friend came to her house. I kept telling myself that I would of done things differently, but how do you really know what your going to do until you are personally thrown into that situation? There's no way to really tell...
So afterwards I read Don Moser's "The Pied Piper of Tucson" and that is when I really got creeped out. It's so eerie because this kind of person could easily be walking around among us. The way he won the hearts of younger girls makes it so easy for people to believe he was nothing but a kid who didn't want to grow up and move on, so he just hung around town. In fact, I could think of a handful of guys like this in my hometown.
It's easy to see how this is just a retelling of another story because situations like this happen a lot. Maybe not to the extent of the real Pied Piper, but more often than we like to think, young girls are attracted to a very dangerous predator and it ends badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment