Monday, February 8, 2010

dreams & memories

The oldest memory I have of my childhood is from my grandparents' house. When I was growing up, they owned a marina on the Jersey Shore. My mom used to work for them in the summers, so my brother and I would always spend the summers there. One day, I was on the ramp where people put their boats in, and I was feeding baby ducks. I don't know what got into me, but I guess I felt compelled to snatch up a baby duck. So, I did just that. I picked up the baby duck and ran to show my mom what I had found, while the momma duck chased me around. I think my mom had a bit of a panic attack, thinking the mom duck was going to attack me. So, I put the baby duck down, and I didn't get attacked by the momma duck. I also have many other memories from my grandparents marina; saining in the river, fishing off the end of the docks, and taking a row boat out to go crabbing. I had some of my best childhood memories there.
The oldest dream I can remember from my childhood was a very random, scary dream that I can remember clearly. In my dream, I was sitting in front of our family tv, and out of nowhere, a guy stuck his hand out of the tv and shot me. I woke up screaming and crying, and my mom came into my room to make sure everything was ok. I was scared to go to sleep after that, for fear that the man would shoot me again and I would die. I don't remember how I overcame my fear, but eventually I did. However, I will never forget that dream

No comments:

Post a Comment